“Phenomenographies. Describing urban and architectural atmospheres” is the title of the 2019 special issue of Ambiances. This issue intends to gauge the breadth and scope of phenomenographies, thereby meaning the vast variety of methods and techniques adopted to describe the atmospheric qualities of lived space, especially in a cross-disciplinary context.
The topics are:
- Methods of description: phenomenographies across disciplines
- Bridging the gap between qualitative and quantitative accounts
- Atmospheric images: visualizing lived space
- From theory to design practices
- What places feel like: urban and architectural narratives
For more information about contents, submission guidelines, and the deadline click here.